Wednesday 4 June 2008

assignment one: intro.....

its time to break the ice!!!! here we are!

Springs of joy!! My name is Liew Yilin, from Johor Bahru, the famous notorious little city in Malaysia. I am 21 this year, which means, I am in my womanhood..early woman hood. I am a very joyous person but sometimes, I can be very nasty too. Well, that’s what girls are like when you step on their tail.

I have a number of hobbies, which I do in the past, but not now anymore. I like to cycle. In my hometown, I would go cycling with my dad and my younger sister around the taman. It’s a very relaxing activity and I enjoy it. Well, obviously I don’t have a bicycle here that’s why I don’t cycle anymore. I also like to eat, which means I enjoy cooking too! I like to cook and try out new dishes. It takes time of cause but, it’s the end result that I would always look forward to. It’s a kind of self satisfaction that I get. Of cause, I don’t always succeed on the very 1st time. But I remember once when I took too long to prepare dinner, my whole family ate up everything although it was a failure. They were too hungry of cause!

I also blog. I prefer to tell my feelings to myself, and not anyone else. Although I have a boyfriend, but sometimes, u just want to have your own secrets right?

I am a very homely person. But, if u knew me a long time ago, I used to be the very opposite. I guess the environment changed me quite a lot, and I am changing for the better that’s for sure.

I can be very lazy at times too! And…I have the hack care type of attitude. Well, its these that are bugging my life. Got to change for the better!

I use the internet just as often as any other student does. It is a must process for me. Besides the daily chats with my mummy and sister, the goggle helps me with my research findings and also my homework.


Hello, my name is Ng Pei Qi, born on 19 April 1987, which means, I am 21 years old. I am from Malacca, well known as the Historical City. Malacca is famous for many things, like the Famosa Chicken Rice Ball, Baba Nyonya Food, Cendol and a lot more. There are many visitors from the outside country love to visit Malacca such as the Stahduy Building, Perigi Hang Li Poh, Jonker Walk and many more.

In my family, I am the youngest and the only daughter. I have 3 brothers who all are working. This means that I am the only one left pursuing my studies. My parents love me a lot and I enjoy their company.

My hobbies are listening to music, playing computer and online games, sleeping, eating and of cause what almost all girls love to do that is shopping. During my secondary school life, I love sports very much. I will join any sports under the sun but of cause not football!! But when I came up to KL, I never join any sports anymore and this is making me fat because I only know how to eat and sleep.

I had my first year foundation during the May intake 2006 in Kolej Tunku Abdul Rahman. And here I am now continuing my degree in Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman.


My name is Ngan Sin Yin, this year still 20, still young and happy. I am a girl and my e-mail address is lucky_ngan@hotmail.com. I am outgoing and very friendly.

To me, listening to music is the most enjoyable activity. Some of the lyrics inspire me and some of them are really relaxing. I enjoy all genres of songs and any artist as long as the songs are nice. When I am down and not in the mood, music helps me a lot. its not just the melody and rhythm. It’s more on the feelings.

Cooking is also one of my past times as it helps me lead a healthy lifestyle compared to eat outside. Moreover I can save more money and be more environmental friendly. I remember someone telling me, you are what you eat. This has been in my head since then.

Indoor activities such as Yoga or Chess are those that prevent me from “harmful” UV light as I have dark skin compared to others. Moreover by playing chess or practicing yoga, my mind and mental is calmed and I can concentrate better. Besides that, it is free! No petrol is needed.

Chatting is essential for me to share knowledge, feelings and experience among my friends. Strongly emphasize that it is not gossip of cause. Its more on constructive ideas and suggestions. Of cause we sometimes crap and talk nonsense too!



My name is Leong Yen Teng, I am a girl born on 16th march 1987. My telephone number is 012-2284611 and I stay at 26, Jalan Wangsa Perkasa 4, Wangsa Melawati, 53300 Kuala Lumpur. My e-mail address is winter_m16@yahoo.com. Any problems, do feel free to give me a buzz.

I go to a few websites everyday. Utar web for example, to keep myself informed with my university life announcement and events happening around the campus. It also keeps me aware of the semester calendar, student timetable which may be very useful for planning my daily activities.

The WBLE, is another medium which connects the lecturers with their students.
Learning materials and forums relating to learning process will be posted and discussed among them. I also use it to download learning materials and conduct discussions like the sharing of ideas with other students in the same course.
Yahoo assists me to search past and latest information about the assignments. Yahoo also provides many other useful functions like checking my Yahoo e-mail account, playing online games and etc.
And up next, my favorite site, goggle which I use for complementing my information search. Google can give many other different sources and links of references which we’re unable to get from yahoo.
It also provides me with a well organize and user-friendly personal account setting for Gmail account users.
My top five activities done online includes checking my mail, playing games, downloading files, chatting and also information findings.


No comments: